Friday, May 27, 2011

Am I Wrong?





Here's my problem.....with myself.




I am the WORST guy to talk Sports with EVER....If you are not from Boston or worship a Boston team like I do, we cannot be friends, chances are one of us will be bleeding profusely in the near future.


It's really not my fault, to quote a lady who is not a lady at all, "I was born this way." I swear it is a birthright in MA, you are born, you are given a Birth Certificate, A social that begins with a Zero and a Yankees SUCK! onesie as you parents throw around potential names like Brady, Jacoby, and Nomar- As a father of three I have to admit, I will be mildly disappointed if in 22 years Ryan Hinds isnt the starting QB for the New England Patriots, at the very least kicken the damn field goals through the uprights at Gillette. Hell I would be happy if one of the Girls got a summer job as a ball girl at Fenway.


not that kinda ball girl funny guy


As long as season tickets to the Fens is in my future as an old man, I feel like i did my job as a Dad.


back to the subject. Being a transplanted fan of any sports team throws in a whole new dynamic to it that you hometown homies just cannot understand. You can wear your Brady or Beckett jersey to the store on game day as you load up on beer and munchies, wear it with pride! let us rejoice and slap jubilant high fives with perfect strangers because we both decided on the vintage Bruschi throwback that sunday...score! good call broham!


but try wearing that same jersey to a Walmart in the middle of North Carolina and see the kind of reaction you get from Billy Bob, Bubba and Mary Sue, baby Jasper and MeeMow and her arthitic hip.


I have never felt so unwelcomed in my life. It hurts people, I just want that acceptance, I long for those days that I didn't have to apologize for my team being abso-fucking-lutely amazing at everything they do and honestly


-its not my fault-


I have been spoiled over the years.. for me it began when we threw a few zero's after the number two and called it a year. (2000) arguably the start of a dominating decade when all things Boston had a strangle hold on the sports world as we know it. There was Championships after championship, Divisions and titles, I'm not going through them all because this could get lengthy and honestly I just dont want to do the leg work of checking all the dates, I know haters out there that will contest the dominance of our beloved City Of Champions. The point is this...we have become desensitized to winning, and it is all or nothing every year, every sport, and frankly I dont want it any other way.......




1 comment: