Thursday, October 27, 2011

America....Fuck Yea!





As a man who gladly serves this country there are certain customs and courtesies that I am obligated to uphold and do so with pride.
One of them being standing and saluting as the flag passes by while in uniform, or when you hear the National Anthem being played. Those are things that I take pride in and will do without being told, rather as an honor to those who have given their lives defending that very flag or song.
So here's the rub, what do you do when you are not in uniform? for those not familiar with the Military, there is no such thing as a part time service man or woman, you don't just stop caring when you take the uniform off, it is something you carry with you everyday and it becomes you.
So when I'm sitting at home on my Man Chair settled in waiting for the first pitch of the World Series, and some flavor of the week degenerate comes strolling out to lay down his or her version of that beautiful song, or better yet this dumb bitch fucks it up beyond belief.... Ya Aguilera that's you... I haven't forgotten.









So what is the appropriate response? I stop doing whatever it is I am doing at the moment, take the time to remember those who have died defending this great country and will continue to lay down there life for that flag that flies so majestically above all others, and when that last note has been belted out and the crowd goes wild, I crack that Beer that was made in the USA and watch the game that makes this the best damn Country in the world... play ball!




No comments:

Post a Comment